Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 10,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $7 billion in completed transactions, over 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
This position is responsible for building new applications, as well as adding features and functionality to existing products, developed on a variety of Microsoft technologies which include .Net, MVC, WebForms, WinForms, WPF, VB6, classic ASP, and SQL Server in both on-premises and Azure cloud environments. This involves design, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, and support of complex applications comprised of web, desktop, and server applications. The qualified candidate is expected to perform at a senior developer level, work independently with little or no supervision, have broad Microsoft stack experience, and stay well-versed in the latest web development technologies. The ideal candidate has worked in an agile Scrum environment, is familiar writing SaaS applications on a PaaS platform in Microsoft Azure, and has business domain experience in e-commerce and related back-office functions.
This position is not open for Remote work.
• Analyze and provide solutions for complex software development tasks, providing design documentation as required.
• Work with various business personnel at all levels to understand business requirements.
• Exhibit an active interest in how the business works to understand not just what work needs to be done, but why.
• Actively collaborate with other developers, QA, and management to efficiently deliver high-quality solutions.
• Provide accurate and timely estimates for work items.
• Ensure the quality of work delivered meets or exceeds stakeholder expectations.
• Provide production support issue resolution including root-cause analysis and corrective action
• Exhibit effective organizational skills, a focus on accuracy, and attention to detail.
• Possess excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting abilities as well as creativity in coming up with outside-the-box solutions.
• Conform to architectural and coding standards/conventions.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of demonstrable professional experience in a broad range of Microsoft technologies
• Experience with JQuery required, including an understanding of the DOM, selectors, filters, traversals, sophisticated AJAX implementations, event binding, commonly used plug-ins, and testing using tools like Firebug and Fiddler 4
• Demonstrable professional experience on the Microsoft .Net web stack
• Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, web functions and standards.
• Experience with common design and code patterns (e.g., dependency injection, singleton, factories, etc.)
• Experience working on high-concurrency public web applications, client-server desktop applications, and resource-conscious server applications
• Experience implementing industry best practices as they relate to code construction and web application security
• Familiarity with the Bootstrap framework a plus
• Experience with agile development environments and Scrum methodology a plus
• Experience developing for a broad range of business domains a plus
• Experience writing unit tests in an MVC environment a plus
• Experience working in an Azure environment a plus
• Hands-on experience with highly secured enterprise-level applications a plus
• Business domain experience in e-commerce and/or back-office applications a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• Team player who can work well in a diverse, geographically distributed team
• Skilled at understanding business and technical requirements, and converting them into working code
• SQL Server, T-SQL, query optimization tools and techniques, data modelling techniques, and relational database design
• Familiarity with commonly used Azure services (such as Azure SQL Database, Table Storage, Azure Search, DocumentDB, Azure Service Bus, Redis Cache, etc.) a plus
• OOP, OOA, OOD, and code modelling techniques
• Strong attention to detail and track record of producing quality work
• Passion for technology and acquiring new knowledge, and the ability to readily adapt to new technologies
• Self-motivated professional able to contribute immediately as an independent contributor or as part of a high-performing development team
• Team player with great work ethic, and a quick learner
• Diplomatic with negotiation and conflict resolution skills
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liquidity Services Inc. reserves the right to modify position duties at any time due to business necessity.