Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) is the leader in managing surplus across the globe to maximize return for our clients, more efficiently and more strategically. No matter the type of surplus asset or where it is located, we optimize and execute surplus management strategies to achieve our clients’ business goals. We are the industry innovator, leveraging insights from over 500,000 annual transactions and $1 billion in annual sales proceeds to continuously pioneer a superior model for managing the reverse supply chain. With Liquidity Services, companies have a partner that maximizes the total value they can expect for their surplus – higher recovery, more efficient processes, simplified and consistent operations, global coverage, lower risks, sustainable solutions, and service from people they can trust to deliver results.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment; a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values of integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability drive our individual and corporate success.
Liquidity Services' Corporate Headquarters has relocated to 6931 Arlington Rd, Bethesda MD 20814, 2nd Floor
The Sr. Staff Accountant is responsible for ensuring the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating and entering transactions according to company policies and procedures. The position requires a high-energy individual able to thrive in a performance-driven culture, who possesses solid technical accounting skills, superior project management skills, an ability to anticipate and adapt to workflow demands and excellent communication competencies.
• Assist Accounting Manager in month end, quarter and year end closing.
• Perform sub-ledger and intercompany reconciliations.
• Ensure accuracy of internal financial reporting in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies.
• Reconcile Fixed Assets and maintain roll forward schedules.
• Reconcile or review/approve balance sheet accounts, including cash/bank accounts, as assigned.
• Adhere to all weekly and monthly accounting deadlines.
• Actively work with local and company-wide finance and accounting teams in the effective rollout of a new ERP financial accounting system (Oracle Fusion).
• Maintain and monitor a strong internal control environment, structure and processes, including writing and enforcing controls and policies as assigned.
• Assist accounting manager and business leadership with budgeting, financial planning and analysis, quarterly updates to financial forecasts, and preparation for management reviews.
• Develop reports to support financial analysis, forecasting, trends, and ad hoc analyses; monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget and forecast.
• Interface with management in various departments.
• Assist with miscellaneous projects as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
• Strong technical accounting background.
• Minimum five years accounting experience required.
• Prior experience supporting mid to upper level management with routine accounting and financial analysis tasks and specialized projects.
• Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a dynamic, high-paced and sometimes unpredictable work environment.
• Strong Excel, database and PowerPoint skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Must demonstrate a focus on continual process improvement.
• Must be a team player and able to work independently.
• Must be able to meet or exceed monthly accounting deadlines; punctuality and regular attendance are essential to this position.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the organization.
• Oracle financial application experience preferred.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liquidity Services Inc. reserves the right to modify position duties at any time due to business necessity.