Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) is the leader in managing surplus across the globe to maximize return for our clients, more efficiently and more strategically. No matter the type of surplus asset or where it is located, we optimize and execute surplus management strategies to achieve our clients’ business goals. We are the industry innovator, leveraging insights from over 500,000 annual transactions and $1 billion in annual sales proceeds to continuously pioneer a superior model for managing the reverse supply chain. With Liquidity Services, companies have a partner that maximizes the total value they can expect for their surplus – higher recovery, more efficient processes, simplified and consistent operations, global coverage, lower risks, sustainable solutions, and service from people they can trust to deliver results.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment; a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values of integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability drive our individual and corporate success.
Liquidity Services' Corporate Headquarters has relocated to 6931 Arlington Rd, Bethesda MD 20814, 2nd Floor.
The Senior Business Development Manager will strategically prospect and sell AuctionDeals, a self-service online auction solution to large private and commercial customers. This is a tremendous ground floor opportunity to grow a business by leveraging experienced teams that have been responsible for bringing GovDeals.com to a dominant position in the state and local government space. The successful candidate will create and make presentations, attend trade shows, develop and maintain relationships by persistent strategic contact and arranging scheduled meetings with prospects and customers. New business development through email and telephone outreach, set appointments, warm calling, persistent follow-up, and ethical and professional sales techniques are critical to this position.
This position typically requires overnight travel of at least 2 nights a week and occasional weekend work for trade shows. Our ideal candidate will live in either Atlanta, Charlotte or Nashville. This is a remarkable opportunity for a proven self-starter able to travel and consistently apply strategic selling experience and effort to a substantial marketplace.
• Support the agreed-upon mission ethically, enthusiastically and professionally as a key member of the AuctionDeals sales team
• Use existing knowledge of Use existing knowledge of private-sector vertical markets such as fleet, heavy equipment, agriculture, utilities, manufacturing, and dealer networks to successfully manage and grow the AuctionDeals sales pipeline and client base.
• Work independently to manage and grow AuctionDeals with significant support from the GovDeals President, management team and other functional support staff.
• Work closely and collaboratively with the assigned Inside Business Development and Customer Service Representative team to maximize sales opportunities from prospective and existing clients.
• Create and make presentations in a variety of settings
• Develop new business through effective sales techniques and appropriately follow up with all leads
• Manage the complete sales cycle, including the successful close of multiple sales opportunities
• Leverage the various support teams, technology, internal database, and CRM though timely and persistent engagement and use
- Four-year degree in a related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- 5 years of demonstrated success in outside sales
- Proven sales success with Heavy Equipment, Fleet Sales or Agricultural Equipment
- Willingness to travel at least 2 nights away from home each week
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet search skills
- CRM experience and committed usage is essential
- Diligent, hardworking, and motivated personal characteristics
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Professional image and conduct, including a clear driving record
- Ability to work from home, including access to high-speed internet and cell phone service
- Conference and trade show experience a plus
- Competitive Base Salary
• Monthly sales-based commission structure
• Company car and technical equipment
• Excellent, progressive healthcare plan
• 401-K plan with company matching benefit
• Enrollment in healthcare plan first day of employment