Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 10,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $7 billion in completed transactions, over 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
The Sales Executive, Direct Sales will be responsible for developing and expanding inside and outside direct sales relationships with wholesale buyers of large-lot surplus, overstock, liquidated and end-of-life merchandise with domestic and international buyers.
• Cultivate and maintain profitable sales relationships with a broad base of international business (B2B) purchasers of surplus, overstock and end-of-life goods
• Develop a robust, metrics-driven sales plan that ensures attainment of corporate goals
• Maximize recovery for all assets through deep understanding of market trends and rates
• Work with account management team to identify potential inventory for purchase and resale
• Collaborate cross-departmentally to promote merchandise online through corporate websites
• Prospect and qualify new business leads
• Utilize CRM and other administrative tools to document, track and refine sales efforts
• Manage administrative tasks effectively while responding to client needs
• Support branding/messaging/positioning of Liquidation.com Direct at Trade Shows
• Bachelor’s Degree is required.
• Three to five years of sales experience is required.
• A deep Rolodex/contacts list of B2B bulk merchandise buyers in a U.S. or international marketplace with the ability to "hit the ground running."
• Proven experience selling returned, liquidated and overstock merchandise to large B2B buyers
• Mastery of general CRM tools, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly build rapport and credibility with executives over the telephone.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Fluency in multiple languages (English and Spanish, in particular) a plus
• Superior time management skills and strong attention to detail
• Integrity, honesty and the highest moral standards
• Understanding of general selling requirements, including palletization/packaging, transportation, logistics, shipping documentation, etc.
• An entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to work in a highly flexible, rapidly-changing work environment
• The desire to have a major impact on a high-growth, global company
• Work from home if not within reasonable daily commute to an RSCG facility (Anaheim, Dallas, Indianapolis, DC, Las Vegas, N. Wilkesboro, NC)