Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) is the leader in managing surplus across the globe to maximize return for our clients, more efficiently and more strategically. No matter the type of surplus asset or where it is located, we optimize and execute surplus management strategies to achieve our clients’ business goals. We are the industry innovator, leveraging insights from over 500,000 annual transactions and $1 billion in annual sales proceeds to continuously pioneer a superior model for managing the reverse supply chain. With Liquidity Services, companies have a partner that maximizes the total value they can expect for their surplus – higher recovery, more efficient processes, simplified and consistent operations, global coverage, lower risks, sustainable solutions, and service from people they can trust to deliver results.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment; a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values of integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability drive our individual and corporate success.
Liquidity Services' Corporate Headquarters has relocated to 6931 Arlington Rd, Bethesda MD 20814, 2nd Floor
The Project Coordinator is a role within the Operations team reporting to the Operations Manager, specifically in the area of Project and Account Management, responsible for managing the successful operational execution of consignments. Some accounts are fully managed by the Project Coordinator while other accounts have a SPM assigned. By adhering to documented processes and service level agreements the Project Coordinator ensures the successful project from start to finish.
• Responsible for building productive partnerships with Account Executives and Senior Project Managers. This role will communicate the internal processes to Sellers and execute their projects with utilization of the Opportunity Checklist within a set timeframe that governs all of the project requirement variables.
• Collect, organize, and manage all data provided by the Seller and Field Services for every project of material into a system to coordinate resources, manage the project workflow and ensure execution of project activities, with the goal of exceeding Seller requirements and expectations within a determined timeframe.
• Communicate with Sellers in coordination with Account Executive on all aspects of the project within a determined timeframe of receipt of project
• Recommend solutions and best practices to execute Seller and project requirements flawlessly based on lessons learned and monthly team meetings
• Participate on conference calls with Sellers to discuss and present the scope of the project & present/communicate the Operational process.
• Manage and provide status update reports to Manager and Sales Lead on a weekly basis by utilization through queries
• Coordinate and problem solve dispute claims with Customer Support and Account Team. Communicate the claim of each dispute and provide recommended solutions to the Seller in coordination with the Account Team within 72 hours
• Distributes Post Sale Reports to clients which include sale results and recommendations for next steps
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience preferred
• 3 or more years of experience in a self-motivating and initiative driven work environment
• Logistics and supply chain management experience is desirable
• Must be highly organized and detail oriented; accurate and timely.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• Must have high proficiency in Microsoft Excel work.
• Ability to handle multiple conflicting deadlines
• Must be reliable with tasks and attendance
Travel is not required but opportunities may be offered to those who want to obtain additional skills in field work.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liquidity Services Inc. reserves the right to modify position duties at any time due to business necessity.