Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) is the leader in managing surplus across the globe to maximize return for our clients, more efficiently and more strategically. No matter the type of surplus asset or where it is located, we optimize and execute surplus management strategies to achieve our clients’ business goals. We are the industry innovator, leveraging insights from over 500,000 annual transactions and $1 billion in annual sales proceeds to continuously pioneer a superior model for managing the reverse supply chain. With Liquidity Services, companies have a partner that maximizes the total value they can expect for their surplus – higher recovery, more efficient processes, simplified and consistent operations, global coverage, lower risks, sustainable solutions, and service from people they can trust to deliver results.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment; a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values of integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability drive our individual and corporate success.
Liquidity Services' Corporate Headquarters has relocated to 6931 Arlington Rd, Bethesda MD 20814, 2nd Floor.
We are seeking a Media Buyer manager to join the buyer development marketing team for our industrial auction marketplaces. We are seeking an individual who can manage all aspects of the global buying process from the buyer development research, identifying the best acquisition channels and media based on target audience, strategic negotiations and media purchase. The candidate should have enough experience dealing with our vendors/agencies and 3rd party medias as well as working closely with the campaign managers in developing buyer base and generating demand for their upcoming sales. Media buyer manager will also work closely with analytics team to track down the spend and measuring the impact on buyer development goals across various stages of buyer journey.
We are looking for someone who is data-driven, result-oriented, and a creative thinker to find and recommend to best acquisition channels to our campaign mangers achieving the highest ROI within the given budget.
• Develop and create sound media strategies and plans based on a clear understanding of our campaign managers requests to reach their target audience
• Negotiate with media to secure advantages, favorable rates, and favorable time slots, purchase and maintain relationships with vendors
• Track down media Expenditure and breakdown, analyze the performance of media buys for each campaign, and effectively measure the ROI of each campaign.
• Responsible for reporting, monitoring the budget based on performance data to effectively maximize the ROI
• Oversee media and market research and constantly monitor marketplace conditions, changes to more efficiently analyze market trends and target audience behavior
• Works closely with analytics to translate the strategy and marketplace growth goals into the demand generation, media buying opportunities and PR within the given budget
• Report to head of Auction Marketing and Analytics
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing / Advertising / Mass Communication / Business Administration or equivalent
• 3-5 years experienced employee specializing in advertising / media planning/digital marketing or equivalent
• Experience in rapid-paced, highly dynamic environments with proven success in navigating changing priorities and opportunities
• Experience in managing the marketing budget and maximize ROI goals
• Leadership and management experience with proven ability to grow employee skills, manage internal relationships and leverage internal resources
• Experience in online marketplaces in B2B markets strongly preferred
• Knowledge/experience on using any media planning database/platform
• Strong knowledge in Media Negotiation
• Specialized knowledge of media costs
• Strong analytical skills (including mastery of Microsoft Excel) and good knowledge of google analytics is a MUST
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Knowledge of UTM parameters and that how to set up the tracking for campaigns and goals in google analytics
• Proven success collaborating with a global team to create sustainable demand generation and growth plan
• Result oriented and deadline driven
• Familiarity with Ecommerce buyer journey funnel
• Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Basecamp, Google AdWords is required
• High-energy, motivated and visionary with a proven entrepreneurial track record of defining and delivering strategic initiatives