Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 10,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $7 billion in completed transactions, over 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
The Financial Analyst/Senior Financial Analyst will help with evaluating the accounting treatment for a range of technical accounting issues in accordance with U.S. GAAP and company accounting policies, and will also assist with drafting of SEC filings. The individual will also be responsible for managing the Company’s equity compensation plans. The individual will support the company’s SOX compliance efforts by performing several tasks in that area and helping to evaluate and implement process improvements. The individual will interface with the company’s external auditor as well as assist with day-to-day accounting operations, as needed.
• Assist Controller with research of accounting literature and application of technical accounting standards and company policies to complex business issues and transactions.
• Assist Controller with drafting and reviewing the 10Q and 10K SEC filings.
• Provide support and analysis of information utilized for MD&A disclosures for accuracy and completeness.
• Provide technical accounting support to CAO, CFO and Controller. Among other areas, technical issues include revenue recognition, internally developed software, stock-based compensation, and impairment valuations. Provide role in preparation of position papers.
• Assist finance and accounting personnel globally to understand and apply properly accounting policies and related documents.
• Support the Controller in maintaining and coordinating Sox compliance for the company. This includes assisting with certain risk assessment activities, as well as taking part in walkthroughs, and writing/updating process narratives and controls.
• Assist with financial year-end audits and quarterly reviews, internal control audit, including providing of information to the external auditors.
• Prepare the consolidated equity rollforward and earnings per share computations on a quarterly basis.
• Administer the equity compensation plan, which includes stock options, restricted stock, and stock appreciation rights using the Solium Shareworks software.
• Manage stock option and stock appreciation rights exercises, as well as company-wide restricted stock releases.
• Process monthly journal entries and reconciliations related to our equity compensation plans including both time-based and performance-based awards.
• Prepare the performance-share threshold analysis.
• Assisting and answering questions for equity compensation plan participants regarding their equity compensation, setting up their accounts, tax elections, etc.
• Administer both equity and cash compensation for LSI board members.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
• CPA preferred
• 2+ years’ experience in Big 4 or national public accounting firm and/or role-specific experience within a global public company
• Experience in researching and developing technical accounting procedures and positions in response to complex accounting issues, with the ability to draft position papers
• Solid technical accounting and leadership skills required
• SEC reporting experience is a plus
• Experience with equity compensation plans is a plus.
• SOX experience and thorough understanding of SOX requirements, including assessment and implementation
• Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
• Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Unquestioned integrity and ability to lead by example
• Inquisitive, collaborative, highly-driven and self-motivated
• Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members and business units, including supporting business as a bridge between accounting matters and business issues