Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 8,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $6 billion in completed transactions, nearly 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
Liquidity Services' Corporate Headquarters will be relocating to 6931 Arlington Rd, Bethesda MD 20814, 2nd Floor at the end of September 2017.
The Business Development Director will leverage existing industry contacts to identify opportunity, propose and close multi-million dollar, reverse supply chain solutions with major retailers and manufacturers. These solutions will be in the areas of asset recovery, returns management and refurbishment. We are looking for an established seller with strong knowledge of the repair/refurbishment industry, and a deep list of contacts in the consumer electronics industry. Our most successful leaders in this role utilize consultative and solution-based sales strategies to establish long lasting relationships with large retail and manufacturer clients.
• Thoroughly understand Liquidity Services’ platform and communicate effectively to all audiences
• Effectively promote the Liquidity Services value proposition to potential retail and manufacturing clients
• Directly interface with prospective Fortune 1000 prospects in order to understand their reverse supply chain challenges
• Work collaboratively with prospects to develop solutions and close multi-million dollar contracts for new business
• Coordinate and lead internal cross-functional teams from Operations, IT, Finance, Marketing, and Legal to develop presentations, responses, solutions, and pricing for prospective clients
• Create presentations and proposals designed to address the unique needs of each prospect
• Lead, manage and design proposal strategy to deliver customized and on-time solutions and value propositions
• Work with the finance team to ensure all elements of the solution have been accurately captured in the pricing model and manage the pricing approval process
• Work with legal team to ensure all elements of the solution have been accurately captured in the contract and terms are fair to both parties
• Create full visibility to pipeline through CRM utilization and participation in weekly pipeline meetings
• There will be no direct reports to this position, however, the ability to effectively manage cross-functional teams to produce high quality results and meet aggressive deadlines is key to success in this position.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 6-10 years Fortune 1000 supply chain sales experience with demonstrated success closing multi-million dollar services contracts
• Demonstrated track record of closing complex, multi-million dollar supply chain solutions with executive level management at top companies
• Demonstrated success in solution selling and complex problem solving environment
• Strong understanding of supply chain management, including reverse logistics concepts, repair and refurbishment, and the landscape of refurbishment/repair providers
• Understanding of the dynamics of product sales and liquidation
• A deep Rolodex/contacts list of manufacturing and retail supply chain decision makers, particularly in the electronics industry
• Working knowledge of operations, information technology, transportation, finance, legal and marketing
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Strong research, analytical and conceptual skills with an entrepreneurial mentality
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Solid understanding of supply chain, business and financial concepts
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong negotiating and analytical/problem-solving skills
• Strong work ethic and personal accountability
• Ability to lead senior level cross-functional teams
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities at the same time
• Ability to foster a collaborative environment and keep team members on task
• Ability to lead up