Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) is the leader in managing surplus across the globe to maximize return for our clients, more efficiently and more strategically. No matter the type of surplus asset or where it is located, we optimize and execute surplus management strategies to achieve our clients’ business goals. We are the industry innovator, leveraging insights from over 500,000 annual transactions and $1 billion in annual sales proceeds to continuously pioneer a superior model for managing the reverse supply chain. With Liquidity Services, companies have a partner that maximizes the total value they can expect for their surplus – higher recovery, more efficient processes, simplified and consistent operations, global coverage, lower risks, sustainable solutions, and service from people they can trust to deliver results.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment; a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values of integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability drive our individual and corporate success.
Liquidity Services' Corporate Headquarters will be relocating to 6931 Arlington Rd, Bethesda MD 20814, 2nd Floor at the end of September 2017.
The objective of this position is to execute special projects for the Director of Corporate Strategy and Development.
Perform internet research and analyze data on assignments that: a) contextualize opportunities, b) scope competitor and partner ecosystems, and c) evaluate internal processes.
This role requires a mix of higher-abstraction thinking, writing and idea formation, along with labor-intensive research execution skills.
This position reports to Director of Corporate Strategy and Development.
• Communicate with supervisor to define, scope, and adapt project guidelines
• Provide input on prospective research methods to optimize workflow
• Execute internet research that may include manual capture of key strategic data
• Summarize key research findings on daily basis
• Summarize term projects with brief presentation
• Must be currently enrolled in four-year undergraduate program
• Demonstrated interest in internet / software technologies and/or business strategy
• Open to all undergraduate disciplines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to analyze and visualize data in Microsoft Excel
• Ability to summarize conclusions or research through writing / presentation
• More advanced data analysis capabilities: R, Python are positives but not required
• Ability to execute multiple projects in parallel
• Ability to operate across abstraction hierarchies i.e. not get lost in minutiae
• Ability to devise alternative approaches to solving problems
Work Conditions/ Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to perform internet-based research and analysis
No travel required; This position is open for telecommute.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liquidity Services Inc. reserves the right to modify position duties at any time due to business necessity.