Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 11,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $7 billion in completed transactions, over 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
The Corporate Accounting Manager role will encompass a variety of responsibilities in support of the Finance department at the company’s corporate headquarters in Bethesda, MD. The primary focus of the role will be executing the monthly consolidation of this multinational company, and related duties will include collection, review and analysis of consolidated results, as well as performing monthly account reconciliations, month/quarter/year-end financial close procedures and intercompany billings and reconciliations.
As a member of the finance team, the Corporate Accounting Manager is responsible for ensuring the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating and entering transactions according to company policies and procedures. The position requires a high-energy individual able to thrive in a performance-driven culture, who possesses solid technical accounting skills, superior project management skills, an ability to anticipate and adapt to workflow demands, and excellent communication competencies.
- Ensure accurate and timely collection of business unit ledgers from various accounting systems into consolidation tools (Oracle PBCS and Oracle Fusion)
- Review/prepare elimination entries as needed
- Ensure accurate loading of foreign currency rates into accounting system
- Review and reconcile intercompany discrepancies, working with business unit finance teams to resolve differences in a timely manner
- Assist with the timely intercompany billing and payable processing
- Prepare revaluation for the foreign currency denominated balances
- Transfer data amount Oracle PBCS, Oracle Fusion and other accounting systems
- Financial reporting and analysis duties
- Prepare Consolidated Cashflow Statement draft
- Assemble monthly and quarterly financial and reconciliation packages for management review
- Prepare/review consolidating schedules for external reporting disclosures
- Coordinate monthly financial review calls, including noting and following up on open items
- Respond to audit requests
- Conduct accounting research as needed
- Post Corporate incoming intercompany charges and prepare outgoing intercompany billings
- Review/Complete assigned balance sheet reconciliations, including cash, accounts receivable, intangibles, deferred rent schedules and intercompany balance accounts
- Prepare standard and adjusting journal entries
- Assist in monthly, quarterly and year-end close procedures
- Adhere to all weekly and monthly accounting deadlines
- Help maintain and monitor a strong internal control environment by participating in the company’s SOX internal control reviews and testing, and by writing policies, procedures and control narratives
- Actively work with local and company-wide finance teams in the effective rollout of a new ERP financial accounting system (Oracle Fusion)
- Assist with miscellaneous projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field. CPA or CPA candidate required.
- Minimum five years accounting experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a dynamic, high-paced and sometimes unpredictable work environment with a focus on continual process improvement.
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting rules of consolidations, foreign currency accounting and cash flow reporting is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be a team player and able to work independently.
- Must be able to meet or exceed monthly accounting deadlines; punctuality and regular attendance are essential to this position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Oracle Fusion financial application experience a plus.