Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 8,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $6 billion in completed transactions, nearly 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
LSI provides leading corporations, public sector agencies and buying customers the world’s most transparent, innovative and effective online marketplaces and integrated services for surplus assets. On behalf of its clients LSI has completed the sale of over $1.5 billion of surplus, returned and end-of-life assets, in over 500 product categories, including consumer goods, capital assets, and industrial equipment.
LSI is hiring a business development representative to join its team as the lead for all business generation activities related to the federal sector. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Global Operations, LSI seeks an experienced, high energy, well-rounded candidate who will leverage and grow a portfolio of existing business with the federal government, identify and address market opportunities that lead to new business with the federal government, and serve as the internal thought leader for sales strategy formulation and tactical execution in the federal sector.
• The primary mission of this role is to ensure achievement of LSI’s financial goals as they relate to business with the federal sector, including meeting or exceeding sales and profitability targets
• This is a sales role and the successful candidate will identify sales opportunities and pursue them to close herself/himself
• This position will be responsible to lead strategic planning and positioning for the federal sector with full support from Operations
• This position will include oversight of customer contact and positioning; teaming interactions; and coordination with other internal business development and sales resources at LSI
• The successful candidate will provide best in class account management and client service to exceed the needs of all federal sector clients
• The successful candidate will provide support to the Vice President, Global Sales (Principal Business) with additional business development efforts, conducting financial analysis on asset acquisition opportunities and managing asset acquisition projects that include parties affiliated with the federal government
• The successful candidate will be expected to help formulate branding/messaging/positioning of Liquidity Services in the federal sector
• The person in this role will be expected to provide data driven analysis related to specific federal programs and opportunities to evaluate sales performance against targets and expected outcomes
• Bachelor’s Degree is required. MBA is preferred
• Experience in all aspects of Business Development including Account Management, Capture and Proposal Development
• A minimum of five years’ overall experience in the federal sector including at least three years managing sales teams in the federal sector
• Experience in asset liquidation or reverse supply chain is preferred
• Previous success in an individual contributor sales/business development role and a sales management role, consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets/quotas
• Candidates must understand the missions of the respective Agencies in the federal sector and their cultures, organizational components, leadership, major programs and their major challenges
• Candidates must have highly effective interpersonal skills to carry-out daily interactions with a broad spectrum of audiences including, senior and executive management within federal organizations, technical leaders and business executives within LSI, and with teammates and subcontractors
• Excellent computer skills with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office to include Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
• Proven ability to communicate and present vital information to senior management
• Proven ability to manage and motivate teammates and colleagues with an emphasis on employee development and growth
This position will be based at LSI’s new global headquarters in Bethesda, MD and will require business travel as needed for a geographically dispersed organization and customer set. Travel is estimated to be between 25-50%, primarily domestic but the successful candidate will need to have the ability and documentation to travel internationally. The successful candidate may choose to operate from a remote office with approval from the Senior Vice President, Global Operations.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liquidity Services Inc. reserves the right to modify position duties at any time due to business necessity.