Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 10,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $7 billion in completed transactions, over 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
The Executive Assistant/Receptionist will perform duties to care for the management of the office, plus provide executive assistant support for one of our Presidents and his senior leadership team. There is a wide range of responsibilities from greeting visitors to working closely with the President and his staff to prepare materials for Corporate Board presentations. The direct reporting relationship will be to the Office Manager, with a strong working relationship with the President. The Primary responsibilities include receiving visitors; answering the main telephone line for the company; maintaining an orderly office environment for the approximately 60 staff members in Bethesda; booking travel using the Company’s travel agent; assisting with preparation of meeting materials using Microsoft Office Suite products; plus any related duties as assigned.
- Receives and directs visitors, employment applicants, salespersons and customers to appropriate locations and parties.
- Perform related clerical work such as creating presentations, spreadsheets and documents
- Assisting schedule travel and complete expense reports as needed
- Filing, sorting, mail distribution, and completing special clerical projects
- Answers & screens inbound telephone calls appropriately
- Orders and maintains all office supplies
- Maintains all FedEx & UPS shipping orders
- Notify building engineer with any office repairs or problems
- Assist with organizing the office so that it runs smoothly and problems are solved in a timely manner
- Maintains and organizes meeting rooms and kitchen areas
- Prioritize projects that involve the executive team
- Works late and starts early sometimes as needed to support meetings
- Performs other administrative duties as needed
• 5+ years of administrative assistant experience needed.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Skills and abilities:
• Excellent organizational skills
• Customer service orientation
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
• Professional attitude and appearance
Work Conditions/ Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liquidity Services Inc. reserves the right to modify position duties at any time due to business necessity.