Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 10,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $7 billion in completed transactions, over 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
The Executive Assistant/Office Manager/Receptionist is responsible for supporting up to six vice presidents some of which work outside the Company’s headquarters in Bethesda and will report to the President. Primary responsibilities include booking travel utilizing the Company’s travel agent, assisting with preparation of meeting materials, such as Power Point presentations, word and excel documents. In addition, this person would have office manager responsibilities, such as making sure the supply room and kitchen are stocked and maintained orderly for the approximately 50 staff members in the Bethesda office. Lastly, reception related duties would entail operating a multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls, directing callers to appropriate personnel and receiving visitors, and completing a variety of administrative duties. This Person would work closely with the part time Executive Assistant to the CEO, to at times support Corporate level activities such as Board meetings.
- Receives and directs visitors, employment applicants, salespersons and customers to appropriate locations and parties.
- Perform related clerical work such as creating presentations, spreadsheets and documents
- Assisting schedule travel and complete expense reports as needed
- Filing, sorting, mail distribution, and completing special clerical projects
- Answers & screens inbound telephone calls appropriately
- Orders and maintains all office supplies
- Maintains all FedEx & UPS shipping orders
- Notify building engineer with any office repairs or problems
- Assist with organizing the office so that it runs smoothly and problems are solved in a timely manner
- Maintains and organizes meeting rooms and kitchen areas
- Prioritize projects that involve the executive team
- Works late and starts early sometimes as needed to support meetings
- Performs other administrative duties as needed
• 5+ years of administrative assistant experience needed.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Skills and abilities:
• Excellent organizational skills
• Customer service orientation
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
• Professional attitude and appearance
Work Conditions/ Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liquidity Services Inc. reserves the right to modify position duties at any time due to business necessity.