The General Manager of Warehouse Distribution will build and grow operations of the Digital Outlet processing center. Responsibilities include day to day activities and strategic initiatives supporting all aspects of the operation including receiving, grading, shipping (Customer pick-up), Customer satisfaction, inventory control, safety and facility maintenance. This position is the primary point of contact for Distribution Center communication with Corporate Sales, Marketing, Account Management and Customer Relations.
- Manage operations and local marketing resources to maximize auction bidding, recovery, and achieving established margin targets, while managing operational costs to budgeted levels
- Provide senior leadership to ensure that key deliverables in safety, quality, productivity, and customer service are obtained while instilling a collaborative work environment
- Maintain a clean, safe, and productive work environment while focusing on minimizing work-related injuries, complying with OSHA guidelines, and Company directives
- Continually analyze work processes to identify opportunities for optimization and implement improvements
- Ensure smooth customer pick-up process in the high-volume operation
- Work with local marketing to plan and execute publicity actions to drive customer participation in sales events
- Design new processes and capabilities to support future business opportunities and growth needs
- Recruit, hire and train high performing warehouse staff, as well as mentor front line leadership
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Seven years of progressive experience managing in a distribution/warehouse environment is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering or a related field is required. Advanced related degree is desirable.
- A high level of computer literacy to include advanced Microsoft Office skills and WMS experience
- Strong organizational, analytical, self-management and goal setting skills
- Energetic team player with demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Must be a detail-oriented, proactive driver of excellence
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification is preferred
- Strong hands-on knowledge of Lean methodologies is required
- Strong analytical skills including previous planning, forecasting, and budgeting experience
- Demonstrated leadership, influence and communications skills.
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate willingness to take on greater responsibilities
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret reports, spreadsheets and policy / procedure documents
- Commitment to and prior success in continuously improving processes to reduce cost and cycle time while improving quality
Liquidity Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.