This position will have responsibility for sales to state-level government agencies, authorities, commissions, and boards. Ideal candidates will have experience selling in the state-level government marketplace and be skilled in strategic sales activities to include research to identify prospects, conducting challenging and effective communication via email, phone, conference interactions, and virtual and in-person meetings. Performance of these sales activities must result in the acquisition of new clients and the upsell of existing clients therefore augmenting the success of the State Government & Higher Education Program and the overall success of GovDeals and Liquidity Services, Inc.
- Conduct research to identify state-level government prospects within desirable verticals and to determine viable contacts
- Engage in strategic sales and follow-up activities with prospects and clients with upsell potential
- Determine and monitor the competitive landscape within various higher education verticals
- Enter all prospects into CRM tool and maintain current notes documenting activities and interactions with each prospect
- Close new business and increase the utilization of current clients
- Work cooperatively with other members of the State Government & Higher Education, Business Development, Sales Support, and Client Services Teams
- Work as directed, on special projects
- A four-year degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience and a successful track record selling to state agencies, authorities, commissions, and boards.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and in conducting research and Internet searches
- CRM experience and prior sales training a plus
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Initiative, organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and highly competitive business environment
- Skilled at quickly building rapport and credibility over the telephone and in person
- Capable of working strategically, creatively, and with professional persistence and integrity
- Ability to work independently, cooperatively, and as part of a team to identify and close sales opportunities
- Must be able to work efficiently and effectively from a home office environment
- Capable of traveling, as needed, to attend meetings and conferences.
- Must have a home office or access to an office environment in which to conduct the duties of this position
- Must be able to drive and/or fly to attend conferences and meetings as is required
- Telecommute with proximity to a major airport
- Maximum 40% travel
Liquidity Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.