Mike Lutz- March 09, 2013
The face of the workforce in the United States is rapidly changing. Whether you consider “Managing the Millennials” required reading or have added job openings to your roster that would have puzzled previous generations with their titles, one thing is for sure; the workforce landscape will only continue to change.
A Forbes Magazine article confirmed this trend with its list of Top Jobs in 2013, which included positions such as software developers, network administrators, and market researchers — all positions that Liquidity Services is currently hiring for in our headquarters in Washington, DC and in our locations throughout the world. We also foresee needing top sales talent as we pursue an aggressive growth strategy.
You can find all of our open positions on our Careers page. A number of the new positions we’re currently seeking to fill align to the top jobs categories mentioned by Forbes Magazine. Here are a few examples of our current openings:
- Software Developers: Senior Front End Developer, Java Developer
- Market Research Analysts and Specialists: Marketing Analyst
- Network and Computer Administrators: LAN Technician, Network Engineering Intern
- Sales Representatives: Sales Executive, Senior Sales Executive, Business Development Director, Business Development Manager, Director of Inside Sales
Most of these job categories are growing at a rate of 4 to 10 percent in the U.S., and should only continue to grow throughout 2013. As an industry leader, we are committed to attracting top talent, in these job categories and across every single position in our company. As a global leader providing online marketplaces and integrated services for surplus assets, the skillsets we need intersect with e-commerce, logistics, and technology. We see many of our current and open positions as a vision of the workforce of the future.
It’s helpful to know that if you are looking for a job in one of these positions, there are specific qualities that will set you apart as a candidate to join our team at Liquidity Services which include:
- Ability to analyze data and make informed decisions based on the data you help compile
- Experience with e-commerce platforms
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Project management expertise
- Proactive and entrepreneurial attitude
- Eagerness to contribute to a dynamic and fast-growing environment
We hope you will take the opportunity to leverage your work experience and professional development and be a part of the workforce of the future with a career at Liquidity Services!