Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 9,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With over $6 billion in completed transactions, over 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
Media Buyer, Senior Executive’s role is to manage media buying requests for all internal customers worldwide. Also, s/he is responsible for maintaining and optimizing the central Media Database with competitive rates and newly researched media opportunities in various industrial marketplaces.
• Establishing and maintaining strong work relationships with media-channel sales representatives, affiliates, and vendors
• Negotiating with media to secure advantages, favorable rates, and favorable time slots
• Brokering purchased media time to third parties or clients
• Preparing media plan estimates for approval by clients
• Creating media plans by analyzing performance data and providing rationale
• Evaluating the appropriateness of media plans
• Managing media channels to build successful campaigns
• Supervising and adjusting media buys based on performance
• Keeping track of media budgets and breakdown of expenses
• Completing group booking sheets, insertion orders, and booking.
• Securing media purchases-related legal compliance, including securing of affidavits/ signing of agreements and resolution of discrepancies
• Acting as a liaison to the creative department that produces copy and advertising materials
• Other responsibilities related to the functions of the Team that may be assigned to from time to time
• Degree in Marketing / Advertising / Liberal Arts / Mass Communication / Business Administration or equivalent
• At least 2 years related work experience
• Preferably 1-4 years experienced employee specializing in advertising / media planning or equivalent
• Proficient in the use of standard computer software: MS Windows, MS Office
• Knowledge/experience on using any media planning database/platform is an advantage
• Fluency in English (additional language skills an advantage)
• Good communication skills (clear and concise style)
• Strong knowledge in Media Negotiation
• Knowledge in Google Analytics
• Demonstrated experience in media public relations
• Strong organizational and coordination skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Strong analytical skills
• Specialized knowledge of media costs
• Knowledge of target markets