Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 8,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $6 billion in completed transactions, nearly 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
The field services technician will serve as the primary technical support for local and field computer users. This includes both hardware and software maintenance, communication, and problem resolution.
• Perform general second level IT support including technical troubleshooting, workarounds and resolution delivery and escalation as needed for end user issues in a Microsoft Windows desktop environment.
• Base areas of support include Windows desktop/laptop, local and network printers and other peripherals, VPN account administration and connectivity, VOIP control panel (moves/adds/changes) and desktop phone support, Microsoft Office 365, OneDrive for Business, mapped network drives, mobile email support with Microsoft Office 365, and OTS/COTS software installation and troubleshooting support.
• Manage all IT hardware inventory at local sites, including maintaining ServiceNow system to 100% accuracy to account for all IT fixed assets.
• Knowledgeable in first level network and server hardware troubleshooting and installations and ability to act as eyes/hands on the ground while working with remote tier 3 support and engineering teams.
• Be available to respond to IT business needs at local sites that may arise outside standard business hours 24/7.
• Travel to regional and national sites for local IT support as needed, up to 20%.
• Limited and/or primary administration of financial and inventory management systems depending on business function of job site.
• Administration of local and enterprise file and print servers, including the installation and troubleshooting of network printers, file services administration and shadow copy backup/restoration.
• DHCP administration, including the creation, assignment and troubleshooting of static IP addresses.
• Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot Active Directory issues, including account lockouts, distribution lists and security groups.
• Administer the Office 365 control panel, including user administration, distribution groups, shared mailboxes, mobile setup, and message routing and associated troubleshooting.
• Add value to the organization by creating knowledge base articles for new incidents we work and correct.
• Manage assigned tickets, including detailed updates and documentation in ticketing system in accordance with established SLAs.
• Learn and follow instructions, use standard operating procedures provided by management.
• Report to a Senior IT Field Services Technician, who acts as a general supervisor for technical issues.
• Strong technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• 3+ years in IT support required
• Excellent customer service skills and strong time management skills.
• Ability to write clearly and accurately.
• Ability to speak effectively with customers
• Strong desire to grow in experience and value as well as increased responsibility within the company by contributing innovative ideas and outstanding performance
• Associates Degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or two additional years’ experience; bachelor’s degree
• Knowledge of ITIL is helpful in understanding the layout of our support paths within the organization
• CompTIA A+ certification is a helpful in scope of this job function
• Other advanced certifications (Security+, Microsoft Server, CISCO network, etc.)