Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 8,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $6 billion in completed transactions, nearly 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
This is a pivotal position for a dynamic, experienced and motivated individual who will lead initiatives as they relate to our Oracle Cloud Fusion ERP suite as well as legacy financial systems. Collaborating internally with members of the finance team, business operations, IT and external consultants, this person will be responsible for understanding business requirements and translating them into action. This position is responsible and accountable for the overall development, delivery, maintenance, improvement, continuity, and support of our financial systems. Core Financial Applications include General Ledger, Planning & Budgeting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, Expenses and Cash Management. Other applications are Project Accounting and Purchasing. There is a custom front end E-Commerce solution that interfaces with the Oracle applications, and close work with IT department developers to ensure the interfaces work appropriately will be critical in this role.
• Requirements Setting: Meet with business process owners, decision makers, and end users to define the business financial operations requirements, and work with IT and Oracle configuration experts to design and configure the ERP to meet those requirements, or develop acceptable workaround solutions. Identify and resolve issues where ERP requirements are not being met.
• Provide customer service and support to Accounting and Finance departments during close process to ensure financial system needs are met and any troubleshooting is remediated.
• Development / Enhancement: Define the scope of work, deliverables, timeframes, and methodology for systems development, configuration or major enhancement projects. Coordinate with IT leadership in the selection of development resources or systems integration firms. Monitor projects through status reporting.
• Business Process Improvement: Seek to engage with the business on process improvements that can be facilitated by systems functionality or systems controls. Assist with identifying financial system user needs in reference to training, financial system functionality and process management to ensure user needs are being met. Provide subject matter expertise to financial systems users, operations and IT business partners to ensure we are fully leveraging current and future system functionality.
• Systems Reviews: Review and analyze existing financial systems for effectiveness. Develop technology roadmaps and new strategies to improve or further leverage the company’s financial system to include business process design, system implementations, project management, change management and training. Identify and establish parameters and scope of systems analysis so that defining the outcome criteria and measure-taking actions will be easier for the organization. Prepare and deliver recommendations, or reports, which address existing, or potential trouble of the financial systems. Perform cost-benefit analysis. Drive evolution of systems architecture based on roadmap.
• Reporting Landscape: Develop or enhance financial and operational reporting tools and systems, pricing and modeling tools, and dashboards. Create “where to go for reporting” tools that stratify levels of users with the appropriate tools.
• Training: Develop and/or update training materials on the financial systems as well as deliver training where applicable, to end users in Finance, Accounting, and the Business. Work with Corporate Training and Finance and Accounting in the management of all online training materials and role-based training curriculum for new hires or job changes.
• Systems Maintenance and Administration: Oversee systems maintenance tasks and work with the technical support teams (IT) to ensure system reliability, performance, and uptime is maximized. Manage technical requirements, and setup financial systems to maintain backups in accordance with IT disaster recovery and business continuity strategy.
• Documentation: Create and maintain functional and technical documentation, and documentation of business processes. Establish and manage Financial Systems Governance Body. Establish and maintain documentation standards.
• Audit support: Support organizational financial audits (test of controls), Sarbanes-Oxley, and other IT audits by providing testing resources, providing for segregation of duties, systems controls and security profiles.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Information Technology.
• 10+ years of hands-on experience in ERP implementation, project management, upgrade and corporate business applications design and development
• Understanding of financial systems and management reporting best practices are imperative.
• Advanced computer skills required (MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Strong understanding of database applications, table relationships, and query joins
• Excellent problem solving, analytical and reporting skills
• High level of professionalism, integrity and commitment to quality
• Training materials development and maintenance and training delivery skills
• Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and listening
• Team player and change agent willing to take on all tasks, large and small
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Ability to collect and transform business requirements into reporting functionality
• Ability to create and complete project deliverables and documentation in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work independently with minimal guidance to meet corporate and team objectives