Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 9,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With over $6 billion in completed transactions, over 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
Business Development Representative will conduct outbound calls to companies that recently announced facility closures, staff reductions, and current target companies. Representative will be calling directly into companies, requesting asset lists, coordinating presentations, and site visits for Liquidity Services sales representatives. Representative will be responsible to track and document calls made into companies, in addition to adding any notes and emails for each of the companies.
• Develop new business via telephone cold calling and mass communication such as email and social media to introduce Liquidity Services’ capabilities to new consignors
• Follow up on leads and conduct research, internally and externally through news outlets and our CRM databasem to identify new consignor prospects and engage in a prepared discussion
• Identify key buying influencers at prospect companies to determine their surplus assets, interest in our services, and document their budget and timeline
• Build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications in order to move opportunities through the sales funnel to an appointment stage
• Schedule appointments for the field sales team to meet with the prospect in-person
• Partner with the Sales Team to grow the sales pipeline to consistently meet quarterly revenue goals.
• Manage data for interactions with prospects inside our CRM database, ensuring all communications are logged, information is accurate and documents are attached.
• Prepare reports, weekly and monthly, to divulge appointments and contracts
• Responsible for target achievement
• Degree caliber
• 1-3 years’ experience in sales, lead generation or telemarketing
• English required
• Relentless enthusiasm for cold and warm calling into prospective clients
• Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed determined sales and activity quotas.
• Excellent client service skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint)
• Ability to work independently , yet also a strong team player
• Strong time management and discipline to govern working independently